Search our Jobs
Accounts Assistant - Practice
- Dorchester, Dorset, England
Accounts Assistant – Practice
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant from a chartered practice background to join a privately owned firm of accountants who work with a wide range of professional clients turnover over £5 million, who are based in the Dorchester area.
This is an exciting position within the payroll and bookkeeping team, where you will be working alongside a small but talented finance team. The successful candidate will be responsible for client bookkeeping work, VAT returns, administration of payroll and auto enrolment. The role will be about 20% payroll and 80% bookkeeping.
In order to be successful in this position the candidate must have proven experience in bookkeeping and payroll ideally within a chartered accounting practice. Applicants must have a good understanding of AE, SSP and SMP. It is key that the post holder has good working knowledge of SAGE, VT, XERO, QuickBooks, BrightPay and Excel
Responsibilities / Skills required:
· Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Proficient in use of Xero, QuickBooks, Sage, VT Transaction and BrightPay
· Good knowledge of double entry bookkeeping theory, VAT, Tax deductible expenses, Payroll procedures SSP/SMP etc and Auto Enrolment
· Experience in bookkeeping and payroll
· Knowledge of electronic submission of VAT Returns.
· A desirable is experience within a chartered practice
- Client –
CV Screen is recruiting for a leading organisation who have a strong brand within their sector and offer great career prospects.
Who will suit the role?
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual of payroll and bookkeeper who ideally has been working in practice for a number of years.
Salary / benefits:
Up to £25,000 depending on experience
Please send your CV to Mark Chaumeton of CV Screen in strict confidence, CV Screen is the Recruitment Agency managing this vacancy.
Based in Dorchester